Hard Raid - Sunday night 8:15pm - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright just let me know, I want to try at more gear next week before I make a serious attempt at oryx

TEXAS

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GerstNowitzki View Post
    alright just let me know, I want to try at more gear next week before I make a serious attempt at oryx

TEXAS
    Me too!

General of the Army Donating Member Aypeeootrek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, what is the average light level to defeat orxy? Feel like you guys are making it seem like there's no shot? The tether arrow plus weapons bubble either before or after stagger wouldn't help?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aypeeootrek View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the average light level to defeat orxy? Feel like you guys are making it seem like there's no shot? The tether arrow plus weapons bubble either before or after stagger wouldn't help?
    Well there's always "a chance"

Ave light of teams that are beating it are 315ish. Groups with all 309-310 cannot beat him. If you expect this team to beat him with 303-308's it's not gonna happen though no matter how good we play, its not about our skills it's about our damage output. Teahter does nothing to orxy. Obv I'd love to take him down.

I do like the new strat - but changing to that will take a week easy to get down add that to hard mode - yeah. Just be happy to get all the rewards from the other stuff.

Doing this tonight has no benefit for me, spicy, gerst, We are doing it so guys can get gear so in a few weeks we are ready to take him down. I personally don't want to put in the hours of effort trying to do seomthing that we can't. Once I'm and others are 310+ I'm all over it. which is why are are running this for you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go get you guys gear! I need to get my other hunter leveled so I can double me drops.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holy crap, I just watched the video vash - I LOVE THIS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also - I can't be on early, go without me if you have 6. I'm just doing this to get you gear so don't hold up for me if you got numbers or people that need the gear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so after our valiant effort of watching Spicey play peekaboo with warpriest adds for hours on end yesterday I decided to do some research on that encounter for Hard mode.

It seems like we were able to get him down to about 2/5 health in 1 run (maybe even 1/3! we were wrecking him last night) but the problem came to surviving the second DPS round, mainly due to not having adds or dying to the warpriest himself (or me getting destroyed by the adds in the middle when stepping on that plate) So I suggest next time we try RIGHT MIDDLE MIDDLE (fucker should be dead by the 3rd middle phase).

Those hobgoblin darts were really doing a number on us last night and I think it would be better to manage or avoid the captain blast than trying to avoid heatseaking darts. Just my thoughts on that.

Advisory Council Donating Member cp434's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Sounds Good to me.

"No sympathy from me, you wanted it,
    now stop being a little bitch"-Cheezus

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vvash View Post
    so after our valiant effort of watching Spicey play peekaboo with warpriest adds for hours on end yesterday I decided to do some research on that encounter for Hard mode.

It seems like we were able to get him down to about 2/5 health in 1 run (maybe even 1/3! we were wrecking him last night) but the problem came to surviving the second DPS round, mainly due to not having adds or dying to the warpriest himself (or me getting destroyed by the adds in the middle when stepping on that plate) So I suggest next time we try RIGHT MIDDLE MIDDLE (fucker should be dead by the 3rd middle phase).

Those hobgoblin darts were really doing a number on us last night and I think it would be better to manage or avoid the captain blast than trying to avoid heatseaking darts. Just my thoughts on that.
    I've done him 3 times now in hard, never with that amount of trouble - not sure what was up as we were crushing him. I've beaten him in 2 damage rounds twice, and one in 3 (which was a scramble)

No blame here - but I don't think people grasp the importance of staying alive - if you are at risk (meaning 1/4 health) and not standing on a plate to activate - you need to retreat, hide, move. Staying alive is EVERYTHING in hard mode. Don't stay in and keep firing.

If the middle is taking more fire or having trouble, our highest light guardians need to be down there, if the left we need to swap out if the right same deal. Also center team - don't kill the knight so far in the corner. There's no hurry to kill it. Let it come to the middle and kill him out in the open - WITH a sword. CP has one for the middle, since has one for the left.

Also - for tues, if spicy goes down (and he always calls it out prior. Everyone back away so Science or I can grab it - we do enough damage I think we get so hyper focused on that everything else fades away)

If anyone has questions or issues on how to do something better, having trouble with something - stop and ask the team. Most of us will have ideas =) There is no need to worry, feel embarrassed, or anything if you don't get or understand something in the raid. We still have a bunch of guys learning and growing - some yet still to raid. SO we need to come together and make sure we teach and help everyone. At this point we assume people know everything - if that's not the case SPEAK UP!!!!!

Love the ideas vash! I thought we couldn't choose, Everyone has to be in-front of the lower middle one after first DPS round or we die. Second is right, 3rd is left. But maybe I don't know cuz that's how I've learned and always done it LOL

Hard mode there are 2 things that are more important then all - crisp, accurate LOUD communication, and staying alive. The mechanics are the same as they have always been. We can crush this bitch.

General of the Army Donating Member Aypeeootrek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why would you guys prefer using a sword in the knight? Me and spicy had no issues using our primaries and it allowed us /me to use a better heavy on the warpriest. With the tether and weapon bubble, I was maxing at 27000 dmg. Think that should take priority over the sword being the knight really isn't that hard to take down. Thoughts?