Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Ranch.

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPhunkenstein13 View Post
    damn that's awesome that you have that much experience!!!

To be honest I was looking to get it for my gf for xmas. I'm looking now because I think my firm will throw like $100 reimbursement my way but I have to cash in before the quarter ends.

Anywho, I just started my search but I was thinking the fitbit surge since she'll be able to adjust her music and it has GPS. Looks like its around $250 on amazon. I dont know if thats good or not? Given that it's amazon I almost assume that's a good price
    Well man - the surge is pretty overkill. It depends on what she is going to use it for. At $250 you can get higher end devices that have better form factor. If she has a smaller wrist she will also hate this monster. Its big. The smaller flex you can put on and is pretty munch out of site out of mind. This thing is big and in your face. So if she doesn't like watches, and decent sized ones - she will never wear this and you should pass. If she does, well then might be a win win . If it's for running primarily check out Timex, Garmin, and my favorite Polar. THey all make great devices for runners at $250 price point. But they aren't really used for just "step tracking" of course they can - but are more hard core. If you want just the step tracking , sleep, and a few extras - the surge is too much.

Major Donating Member FfC-Kictionary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a ton of awesome advice here.
    @FfC-Th3_Butch3r the putting it on the dog was a joke my sister and I threw back and forth after she was describing some of the benefits of it. She's a charge nurse at a busy hospital on Atlanta's north side. It's been at least 5 years back but if I remember correctly pretty much all of the nursing staff puts in 8-10 plus miles in a 12 hour shift.

It's pretty wild that they would choose to ignore specific data if it was obvious. Was there a particular reason for it? Was it on the companies end or the insurance carriers end? Blows my mind because insurance companies already use some asinine metrics to raise premiums.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickme_Pls View Post
    There's a ton of awesome advice here.
    @FfC-Th3_Butch3r the putting it on the dog was a joke my sister and I threw back and forth after she was describing some of the benefits of it. She's a charge nurse at a busy hospital on Atlanta's north side. It's been at least 5 years back but if I remember correctly pretty much all of the nursing staff puts in 8-10 plus miles in a 12 hour shift.

It's pretty wild that they would choose to ignore specific data if it was obvious. Was there a particular reason for it? Was it on the companies end or the insurance carriers end? Blows my mind because insurance companies already use some asinine metrics to raise premiums.
    Well we sold to companies HR departments - they felt like cheating couldn't be proven and was "hypothetical" they didn't want to take the risk of false accusations or lawsuits (yes seriously)

Warrant Officer Donating Member FfC-NoDrunkyNo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickme_Pls View Post
    If you get bonuses like reduced insurance premiums then just strap that thing to a dog and cash in. I think my sister may have done that.
    Also, you can put it in the dryer on tumble with no heat. We ran my cousins last year to get her number up.

Major Donating Member FfC-Kictionary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FfC-Th3_Butch3r View Post
    Well we sold to companies HR departments - they felt like cheating couldn't be proven and was "hypothetical" they didn't want to take the risk of false accusations or lawsuits (yes seriously)
    As insane and ridiculous as this sounds I absolutely believe it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a flex that I got for free since it was left in the lost and found at the place that I worked over the summer. I've counted out 100 steps before, and it read 101 on the app so it's very accurate. It's small and so light that I don't notice it. The app is an all inclusive fitness app, though I don't input my food or exercise as much as I should. One of my favorite things about it is using it as an alarm, as I prefer the vibrating on my wrist to jolting awake from an alarm. However I probably would pick the HR over the flex on the low end since it displays time and constantly measures HR, which can be useful for working out. The surge would definitely be nice if price doesn't matter, but unless she's pairing it with fitness apps or constantly listening to music through headphones, I think the extra glitz and glam isn't worth it. The flex also does sleep tracking, thought I'd throw that in. Flex battery lasts a week before charging, idk the specs on the other ones. I'm into exercise and nutrition, so it fits my lifestyle. There was an overweight girl at rich and my place the other weekend with an HR on. I asked "can I tap that?" When I tapped her wrist while she looked at me confused, she had 2000 steps and a heart rate of 75. That made me dislike her even more than I did from just talking to her.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something Ironic? Fitbit just contacted me to take a job over there.........aaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Might be fun, maybe I should poke around and see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FfC-Th3_Butch3r View Post
    Something Ironic? Fitbit just contacted me to take a job over there.........aaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Might be fun, maybe I should poke around and see.
    haha nice man. That company blew up when they went public. See what they'll offer you in stock options!