User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Captain Donating Member FfC-I_Octavius_I's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warrior Dash Saturday

My wife and I are running in the Warrior Dash on Saturday morning. It's a 5k, up a mountain in NH and over 12 different obstacles. One is supposed to be some sort of mud slide, which looks pretty sweet. The final one is a crawl through soup-like mud under barbed wire, FfC style! My goal is to do it in under an hour. We'll see!? For anyone who's a FB friend, my times will be posted in real time as I run, or crawl, through the course.

http://www.warriordash.com/register2..._hampshire.php

Pyro1022
    Sounds fun, I could never do it because of my extreme hatred for being dirty. Automysophobia
    Last edited by Pyro1022; 09-14-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is awesome, do well and good luck!!!

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good luck man....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck, take some pics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The race was the toughest physical activity I've ever done (i played 4 years of high school football and survived 2 a day practices each August). Warrior Dash is a 5k (3.2 miles) and the first mile was straight up a mountain. The location was a ski resort in NH. It started out on a blue trail and transitioned to a black diamond 3/4 of the way up. My legs were on fire and are still sore this morning. There were 12 obstacles along the way, including a 20' wall to climb over with a rope. That came after mile 2, mid-way up the second climb. Totally sucked. The race ended with a leap over fire, then a crawl through really thick soupy mud under barbed wire.

I'm man enough to admit that my ass was kicked. My wife beat me by 10 seconds. She did it in 53:19 and I was 53:29. We both finished in the top 20% of the 4,700 people who finished the race. The cool thing was that we were neck in neck the whole race. I beat her on the 1st mile, but she caught up. The chick is a beast in the best sense of the word. In awesome shape and will not quit. Our next race is another Run Ruckus in early November, which should be a piece of cake in comparison.

If any of you guys or gals are into fitness, I highly recommend that you try one of these obstacle races. They are a lot of fun, give you something to train for and are a great way to measure just how fit you really are. Also, if you're single they are a great way to meet some really fit and sexy people. There were extremely hot chicks everywhere!

I'll post some photos later today.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife, Nicole, is girl in the pink shirt. Shawn-Nicole-Net-Wall2.jpgShawn-Nicole-Mud-Pit.jpgNicole-Shawn-Climbing.jpgShawn-Starting.jpgCheck out the dude standing behind me at the starting line. Escaped convict or what? Nicole-Shawn-Finished.jpgNicole-Mud-Pit.jpg

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome!!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work, dude! Not many people can do the Warrior Dash. Some of my friends did that earlier this year and want to do the Tough Mudder next year. It's supposed to make the Warrior Dash look like a cakewalk.

http://toughmudder.com/

"GEEEEEETT DEAGLE'D"