Unique Snack Topic

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    DrJamesGang

Unique Snack Topic

I've made some interesting/unique and delicious snacks recently (been stuck at home a lot more) and I thought it'd be a great idea to get a thread going where people post their favorite unique snacks. This isn't meant for detailed recipes, just a simple list of ingredients and a quick note on how to put it all together. I'll start with my two current favorites:

CANDY BACON
    You'll need a pack of bacon, syrup, dijon mustard, honey, and brown sugar.
    Pore syrup into a bowl, add mustard and brown sugar and a bit of honey (proportions aren't too important, just go with your gut - you'll need enough to coat both sides of all the slices of bacon you have).
    Coat one side of the bacon with the sauce and broil/bake. When you flip, coat the other side. Time and temperature are up to you to figure out (I just do it until it looks done - probably 400 for about 10-15 minutes would do it).

TASTY SANDWICH
    You'll need bread (I prefer white/whole grain white), a banana, honey, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter (I prefer crunchy).
    Spread peanut butter on one side of the bread, drizzle a little bit of honey, add sliced bananas to coat the banana, and spread the mallow fluff on the other slice of bread. Put together and enjoy.

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesGang View Post
    TASTY SANDWICH
    You'll need bread (I prefer white/whole grain white), a banana, honey, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter (I prefer crunchy).
    Spread peanut butter on one side of the bread, drizzle a little bit of honey, add sliced bananas to coat the banana, and spread the mallow fluff on the other slice of bread. Put together and enjoy.
    We eat this exact thing all the time......even with the crunchy PB.....we call it the Fluffernutter Delux.....LOL

Veebliez
    I enjoy long pig from time to time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hand crushed oreos over french vanilla ice cream inbetween 2 'Samoas' brand of girl scout cookies.

Its so rare that I actually get a chance to eat this. =/

General of the Army Donating Member Aypeeootrek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    im not much of a chef but i may just have to steal some of these ideas.

though this one i buy in the deli alot just for a snack. fresh mozzerella w/ tomato on a roll with a little balsamic vinegar.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE MONSTER SHAKE
    1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop of casein, a shot of olive oil, 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter, 5 grams of creatine, 1 scoop of xtend, 1 scoop of natural vanilla icecream, 1 cup of oatmeal, fill with !% or 2%. I suggest a blender and a strong one at that.

DrJamesGang
    Also, if anyone does try a recommended snack, post how it was.

I'm likely going to make TG's girl scout sandwich.

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ummm. girl scout sandwich..........wait, there is just SO much wrong with that statement.....LOL

This thread wins creative thread of the month....

TxO-Buzzkill
    GDB i want to hear your chili casserole plz, it sounds good and you were cutting in and out yesterday.

pizza from dominoes with banana peppers and pineapple.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best snack ever. Pretzels,cream cheese and salsa. Also a English muffin slightly toasted, American sliced white cheese so it melts, and then a tomato on top, if you wanna go really nuts add a little bit of pesto on top