PS VR - anyone use it/have it

User Tag List

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PS VR - anyone use it/have it

Give me the skinny? Anyone have it, is it any good?

Do I get this or a switch =)

Warrant Officer TaeKwonSquatchy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít have or use the PS VR, but Iíd get the switch over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PSVR is pretty awesome but I like the switch better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Private First Class Ghostnlpples's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going down the list of games available for PSVR and a good amount seem kind of like shorter proof of concept or almost demo-like in nature. Or some sort of quick experience where you say "thats cool!" and then don't do it again lol.
    Personally I don't have one or have tried real VR but I have tried the K-mart version Google Cardboard and that made me insanely nauseous in like 2 minutes lol.

I remember seeing Mike Matei (behind the scenes guy from AVGN/Cinemassacre) rate a Batman VR game pretty highly.

I do have a friend who owns one though and actually speaks highly of it's non-game functions like it's theatre mode, I'll copy and paste a post of his to give an idea

"I can't really put into words how surreal it is. The YouTube app has a VR section and there's "VR360" which is what you'd expect, but "VR180" is somehow crazier because you legitimately feel like you're there. I watched a random one (I think it was Teen Choice red carpet or something) and the things you notice are unreal! Like people occasionally glance at the camera and it's seriously like they're looking at you, you suddenly become so focused on everything going on in the background. It's hard to put into words.

Watched a Star Wars thing too. Played some of the games, those were fun and as you'd expect. Some stuff really gives you vertigo, it's pretty cool.

You can play normal games in like a cinema screen mode, the large screen is amazing and perfect for FFVII. Unbelievable stuff, seriously. Will need to spend more time with it.

The VR stuff is incredibly cool and I'm looking forward to dipping into it more, but I can see myself using it more for the cinema effect for games I already love. It's pure immersion to have the surround sound in the headphones (3D sound is supported in the in-ear buds they provide with the PSVR) and the absolutely massive screen in front of you. Maybe not for the longer sessions but if I like designate myself a few hours to switch off and get into a game that would be the best way to do it." .

Seems pretty cool for an experience like that. He later wrote about how he did a VR Star Wars thing and how surreal it was to be in the presence of a life size Darth Vader and also went on to talk about how he thinks he will be returning to the theatre mode more often to watch Blu-rays etc. due to the huge screen effect it does.

So as far as an experience sort of thing it's feature set seems pretty incredible. Though if your just wanting games Switch does have Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey which look incredible as well lol.

edit:

Not sure why the copy and pasted text is coming out like that... lol