XiM4 M&KB adapter for PS4

User Tag List

Warrant Officer TaeKwonSquatchy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XiM4 M&KB adapter for PS4

Just got one of these bad boys in and have been playing around with different dpi/sensitivity settings, but haven't found one that really fits what I'm looking for. Anyone else have one of these that can give me some tips?

I've been trying it out on Destiny mostly, but I plan on taking it into BF1 soon. I could ise advice for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advisory Council Donating Member cp434's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried M&KB for about 10 mins and sold it all to a buddy. Nit fir me, but I've never played PC games so that may be why. I was not willing ti deal with the learning curve. Good luck man!

Insert funny quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CP. When I was a teen I had a pc for all my FPS and RTS games, consoles were for action/platforms/kart games, etc. I've never felt at home with the controller for FPS, but I've had, and heard of others having, bad experiences with M&KB adapters so I've stayed away from them. I only recently came across the XIM4 and it's a solid product.

I found a pretty solid online community that uses it so I was able to work through the setting. My aim is way more precise, but dear god did I forget how to move with a keyboard. Eventually I'll get that skill back, but dying simply because a lesser skilled player outmaneuvered you is a humbling experience.

General of the Army Donating Member Aypeeootrek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I tried kb&m a few times on pc and wasn't a fan myself. Aside from civ, any kind of game I play on a computer, esp shooters need to have controller settings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aypeeootrek View Post
    I tried kb&m a few times on pc and wasn't a fan myself. Aside from civ, any kind of game I play on a computer, esp shooters need to have controller settings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's a lot more common now than when I was a kid. I'm way more precise with a mouse than I'll ever be with my thumbs, but I've heard from a lot of PC players that are just better with a controller. The tech has come a long way so it's probably easier to plug in a controller and go. I've long since let go of my M&KB elitist stance on PC gaming though. Nowadays I believe whatever works best for you is all fair game.

Private First Class
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew up on mouse and keyboard and as anyone who has been on PS4 with me will tell you I have potato aim with a controller. It can be a bit frustrating at times when I know I could pull something off with a mouse and can't with the controller.

I've looked into a few of these setups in the past and from when I was looking it seemed like they had a hard cap on input, as in you could move the mouse like you would on a PC but it's restricted to the max turning speed allowed by the controller, has this been your experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RBaitty View Post
    I grew up on mouse and keyboard and as anyone who has been on PS4 with me will tell you I have potato aim with a controller. It can be a bit frustrating at times when I know I could pull something off with a mouse and can't with the controller.

I've looked into a few of these setups in the past and from when I was looking it seemed like they had a hard cap on input, as in you could move the mouse like you would on a PC but it's restricted to the max turning speed allowed by the controller, has this been your experience?
    Max turn speed is capped in all console FPS and each game has differing look sensitivities and dead zone values so if you don't have the right settings for how you move the mouse you could bump up against the hard cap for "look/aim" quite a bit. Ultimately any adapter is simply translating your M&KB inputs into controller values because that's the only inputs the console understands. Because of this you won't ever get true PC feel, but it's way better than a controller if you're already used to M&KB and you get the settings right.

There's a few different adapters on the market. I went with the XIM4 because it looks to offer the closest to 1:1 M&KB to controller conversion available. I'm loving it. I just wish I had more desire to play. haha