User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    General of the Army Donating Member Aypeeootrek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What phone are we using?

I'm due for upgrade and just seeing what everyone else is running and how they like it. I will say this, i am 100% not getting an iPhone. I'm an android person and at the moment I'm considering the s8, s8+ or LG g6. I've had an LG for the past 4 years and not sure I could move away from the double knock to turn the screen on or the placement of the finger print scanner. I heard its horrible on the s8. But all the reviews I've looked at so far, s8 seems to be the clear winner but not by far.

Any opinions? Anyone upgrade lately and really like their phone?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Warrant Officer TaeKwonSquatchy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like my iPhone you're 100% against getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you're due for an upgrade? They don't really do those anymore since Verizon/Sprint/At&T no longer have contracts. They used to give out upgrades everytime your contract was up, which was a huge discount on the list price. They don't do that now since they no longer have contracts.

They charge list price and try to hide the fee by making you pay it off monthly, 8 bucks at a time. If you math it out, you paid full price but people still have that mentality that they have to get a new phone every 2 years.

Just a word of caution
    Games: BATTLEFIELD | The Division | Rainbow6 | MLB The Show | NHL 16 | Madden 16

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My 2 year contract is up .but you're essentially right where you pay it monthly. Either way, getting a new phone.

One thing I wouldn't do is pay for those upgrade plans. When they came out years ago, you were paying more than you would off contract but they may be better now. Or if you just wanted a new Shiny phone every 6 months, its the way to go

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an s4 active then upgraded to a s6 active and I don't think I will ever go away from Samsung or the galaxy series

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Always classy, never trashy, but a little nasty

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aypeeootrek View Post
    My 2 year contract is up .but you're essentially right where you pay it monthly. Either way, getting a new phone.

One thing I wouldn't do is pay for those upgrade plans. When they came out years ago, you were paying more than you would off contract but they may be better now. Or if you just wanted a new Shiny phone every 6 months, its the way to go

Wait it out till the note 8 end of August.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's too long and don't really want a phone that big. If the new pixel was coming to sprint I'd get that and wait it out if needed

Major Donating Member FfC-Kictionary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on my second Asus zenphone and although I beat this one up pretty bad at work I like the phone and its still chugging along just fine. Less than $200 for the phones, internationally unlocked. (i think they have a CDMA version as well that would work with sprint). My first one, I purchased from newegg and got a free Asus router as well. My service is prepaid and less than 50 dollars a month for unlimited talk, text, and web. I made a switch after 10 years with ATT and havent looked back since.

I had to check before I posted this to make sure; it turns out that the Zenphones are most likely, not compatible with sprint/verizon, although tmobile seems to work. That said I am leaving this anyway because to hell with the major carriers and their exorbitant costs. I run off of ATT towers with my phone through StraightTalk and have never had a major issue with my service not working ( $48 and change with taxes all in/month). My cost is half that of ATT's and the only difference that I have had is through customer service. ATT had amazing customer service when I needed help, even so far as posting a couple months credit to my bill while in the hospital. no complaints in that department. BUUUUTTTT, double the cost each month isnt worth a better customer service experience for the once in a blue moon need for me to call a customer service or tech rep. EVen if you want a high end phone, you can buy the thing outright for 500-600 dollars and still come out ahead at the end of the year.
    Last edited by FfC-Kictionary; 06-19-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Advisory Council Donating Member cp434's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the latest Motorola phone for work and it is amazing!

For personal, I use iphone.

Insert funny quote here...

CEO - Chief Executive Officer FfC-Th3_Butch3r's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm unfortunatley an iPhone guy, have been for 7 years now or whatever. I can't walk away from all my apps games, we have 3 iPads. Apple owns me.........